Estimator – Retail Construction (Montreal or Toronto)
Our client, a leader in the Retail Renovation/Construction industry, is looking to add an Estimator to their team. They are known for their professionalism and strong team environment. They offer competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This is a full time and permanent position.
- The Estimator will perform various takeoffs, which involves completing standard estimating forms (manually or electronically) our client will provide. Although subcontractors will estimate their own costs as part of their own bidding process, the Project Manager will thoroughly analyze bids by each subcontractor to ensure their accuracy as well as their competitiveness. Additionally, the Project Manager must factor in issues concerning equipment needs, sequence of operations, crew size and physical constraints at the site. Allowances for the waste of materials, inclement weather, shipping delays and other factors that may increase costs also must be incorporated in the estimate.
- On completion of the quantity survey(s), prepare a cost summary for the entire project or parts of the assignment, including costs of labour, equipment, materials, subcontracts, overhead, taxes, insurance, markup, and any other costs that may affect the project. The bid proposal is reviewed with the Project Manager | Team Leader, subsequently with Director of Estimation and then Presented to the client.
- Learn the company’s database and all other estimation tools (electronic or other) containing information on costs, sub-trades and information of similar projects completed.
- Secures quotations by providing information from outside resources based on time required, price and quality of work.
- Develop communication with all levels of our client’s personnel and sub-trade resources to gather all necessary information and suggestions needed to prepare the company’s service-offer.
- Solicit information (e.g. from designers, architects, engineers, etc.); to assist in making complex calculations,
- Analyze, compare and interpret detailed and sometimes poorly defined drawings or information.
- Make sound and accurate judgments based on data and company experiences.
- Transfer all the plans and details of the project and answer any questions to assure the project is understood.
- Assists in developing strategies and processes to improve the efficiency, effectiveness of estimating and related systems.
- Participates in Post Mortem discussion and may prepare notes, reports and analyses for future reference.
- Estimation experience in retail or comparable – minimum 3 to 5 years
- Knowledge of construction, facilities, or comparable – legal forms / documentation
- Ability to manage priorities and highly organized.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- Works well independently as well as a part of a team.
- Attention to Detail
Salary based on experience
If you are looking to join a dynamic, fast paced environment with a great team atmosphere, please contact us to apply.