Drafts person & assistantproject coordinator
Our client, an industry leader in HVAC, piping and plumbing, is looking to add a
Drafts person & assistant project coordinator (piping division) to their team in Montreal.
As a piping drafts person & assistant project coordinator, you will be responsible to support the work load of the department as described below. You join our client with the credentials of a drafts person & coordinator that has strong AutoCAD knowledge and sense of what a project needs to succeed. Your main task will be to support their piping execution process by drafting detailed piping layouts in either 2D or 3D format. You will help to determine the ideal drafting tool/software to use for your greatest efficiency. You will also need to become familiar with and adopt their design build contracting, technical and business methodology as they relate with your skills and experience. You will be using your drafting and coordination skills to optimize our designs to a maximum while ensuring they deliver better than what was promised to the client while meeting their contract obligations and improving project profit margins.
There are approximately 10 team members that you will have regular interaction with as part of this department and engineering group. This team will provide you some support as you execute your responsibilities. In addition, you will be provided with training to enhance your skills.
Our client’s current HVAC and piping business centers include design build and bid and spec construction department, small job department, service department, control division as well as their Toronto branch construction department.
- Produce fully detailed piping flow diagrams from a design concept sketch.
- Specify and elaborate all components.
- Develop equipment schedules.
- Produce full mechanical room floor layouts and piping floor plans through coordination with sub trades including controls.
- Produce fabrication drawings and cut sheets complete with bill of materials.
- Coordinate with the field supervision team and fabricator the assembly order and methodology.
- Attend site visits as necessary to ensure that proper fabrication and installation has been achieved.
- Aid in trouble shooting and finding solutions to issues which arise on site.
- Aid in the selection of the ideal software to achieve the above.
- Work with others in the department as a team, spreading knowledge and procedures for the benefit of the team.
- Knowledge in various AutoCAD products or other piping drafting programs a must.
- DEC or bachelors in engineering would be a plus
- 2 plus years experience in piping company
- Must be fluent in French, Bilingual a plus
- Must have experience in AutoCAD 2D or 3D
- Must have piping isometric and fabrication experience
Salary range $60,000 – $80,000 based on experience