Director of Financial Operations
Our client, a North American supplier of industrial tape, is currently seeking a strategically minded experienced professional with credentials to direct and oversee the financial and accounting activities in Montreal.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will play an integral role as part of the Executive Team, assisting in helping the company achieve its overall financial goals. Candidates should have entrepreneurial and analytical proficiencies and serve as a finance visionary to optimize operations across North America.
This individual must possess the ability to drive change to improve overall financial performance. This person will work with operational management to understand current processes and streamline them for the growth and advancement of the company.
Work experience must include employment with companies that manufacture and/or distribute products. He / she should have a very strong understanding of technology in the context of how it can assist the company to achieve its goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all accounting functions, departments and staff, overseeing the preparation of annual budgets, financial plans and statements, monthly reports, cash flows, and compliance reports required by the bank, and federal, provincial and state agencies
- Oversee the supervision of Audits
- Ensure that effective and accurate reporting and management systems are in place (internal controls, credit management, newly developed and finished product inventory control, standard costing and financial asset safeguards)
- Develop and manage relationship with the Company’s lenders and equity shareholders
- Implement systems and controls to analyze profitability by each business segment
- Assist and participate in possible acquisitions, financial partnerships, business development projects as it relates to the strategic plan of the company’s Executive Team
- An accounting designation
- A full understanding of the operational issues associated with running a distribution company that has operations in Canada and the US (i.e. foreign exchange, transfer costs)
- A strong knowledge of technology and ERP systems, its use in driving business forward
- Outstanding operational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 7+ years of related experience within progressively more senior roles
- Bilingualism a strong asset
Salary based on experience $120,000-$150,000