Project Manager, Piping & Plumbing
Our Client, a leading Montreal Commercial Construction Company is looking to add a new Project Manager to its ever growing team.
The primary function of this position is to be responsible to perform the interpretation of plans and specifications, project management of the execution of work, job scheduling, job site visits and cost control measures. This employee reports to the department’s general manager.
Once you have become familiar with and accomplished the following tasks,
your role will be to take over, manage, and build the team who will:
- Review contract documents and prepare an outline of complete scope of work
prior to executing project management duties.
- Support General Manager to generate detailed lists from engineering sketches
(equipment, areas, linear feet, use take off system) for purchasing.
- Become familiar with and use pre-established standard corporate operating
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders in accordance to the project’s requirements.
- Set up and manage construction schedules using Microsoft project, as well as
prepare summary equipment tables which include delivery schedules.
- Coordinate project details with clients, architects, engineers, and other trades.
- Manage project installation within budgets and maintain up-to-date project cost
- Manage contract change order process including pricing work, presenting values,
follow up and execution of change order work.
- Prepare billing breakdown for monthly approval by professionals/general
contractors and issue progressive billing.
- Prepare a detailed list of scope of work and testing procedures to be followed
during startup of equipment, commissioning, control, balancing, insulation, and
other sub trades.
- Witness any field testing/commissioning when required and comment on any
- Maintain and ensure quality control and minimize project deficiencies.
- Represent us & attend job site meetings professionally and as required.
- Manage project’s warrantee issues, maintenance and servicing of projects.
- Support plumbing and piping pricing when required by using the Allpriser data
book as well as the piping estimation program.
- Perform administrative tasks (correspondence, purchase orders, invoicing, filing,
- All other related tasks.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The candidate MUST have minimum 3-5 years’ experience as PM in piping and plumbing.
- Field experience in piping and plumbing.
- Experience in HVAC systems and general contracting would be a benefit.
- Good knowledge of Windows / Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual a must.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Versatile, autonomous, and resourceful.
- Team player.
Salary: Based on experience $80,000 – $100,000