Our client, a leader across Canada in the medical community, is looking to add a English Copywriter to their team. This is a full time position based in their downtown head office. They are an exciting and dynamic team offering competitive salary, excellent benefits and a really fun team spirited environment.
Reporting to the marketing production manager, the content marketing copywriter is a prolific wordsmith responsible for producing creative content and delivering on-point messages for all channels of communication. The content marketing writer should be a strategic thinker, versatile, dynamic, creative, and self-motivated. They should be skilled in communications, content management, as well as writing, editing, and proofreading. A strong background in medical writing is preferred, but not mandatory. Candidates should have experience writing for web, including blogs, websites, and social media. Blog writing and a strong understanding of SEO will be considered an asset.
Working with internal stakeholders, you will create and develop internal and external communication materials across all media. You will act as the voice for five different brands within our client’s company.
- Collaborate with the marketing team, doctors, and members of the executive management team to determine copy direction, including brand tone and voice and editorial guidelines, to ensure consistency across all platforms and channels of communication.
- Work with the brand managers and director of brand and communications to develop, write, and edit copy for all marketing campaign content: taglines, landing pages, online ads, in-clinic material, emails, radio and television scripts.
- Produce engaging and impactful storytelling for blog, email, social and video content while integrating data/metrics from the digital marketing strategist.
- Collaborate with copywriter, marketing coordinator, and digital specialist to develop and implement editorial calendars for each of the brands.
- Manage content for all web properties with support from the digital marketing specialist.
- Work with the marketing and operations teams to update and improve copy for in-clinic material: information booklets, brochures, handouts, doctor bios, etc.
- Proofread content to ensure quality control for grammatical accuracy and consistency of voice/style.
- Ensure marketing projects are completed as per marketing briefs and established timelines.
- Work with translation team to ensure consistency.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English, and communication skills in English and French; great spelling and grammar is a must.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles to multiple audiences with goals of brand awareness and lead generation.
- Fundamental knowledge of SEO.
- A proven ability to distill complex, medical subject matter into consumer-friendly and engaging language.
- Must be a strategic thinker, detail-oriented, adaptable to change, a self-starter, curious, adept at multi-tasking, very well organized and a team player.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a high-volume, high-energy environment.
- A passion for social media; an expert knowledge of various social platforms.
- Able to manage competing priorities and meet project deadlines in an efficient and timely manner.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Minimum 3-5 years of copywriting experience in Marketing/Communications (in-house or with an agency).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or other related fields (or equivalent education).
Salary based on experience
If you are looking to join a dynamic, fast paced environment with a great team atmosphere, please contact us to apply.