Our client is an international leader in the manufacture and marketing of pool products and accessories. They meet the needs of their customers with innovative products, of superior quality and offered at competitive prices.
The design department is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer for a permanent full-time position in Montreal. The person must have a college or university diploma in Industrial Design and have at least 6 years of experience in a related field.
We are looking for a person:
- Disciplined, organized and focused on details, motivated and autonomous.
O Proactive, innovative and able to take projects in hand from start to finish.
O Excellent ability to work on the computer including the following software: Solid Works and Artios (asset).
O Good knowledge of the manufacture of products made of plastic and metal.
O Good knowledge of molding equipment for plastic parts.
O Excellent written and oral communication in English and French.
- Creation of new products
- Ideation – Research
- Technical development
- Physical testing – functional validation
- Mold manufacturing follow-up
- Technical adjustments until final product approval
- Technical support for production
- BOM Documents
- Assembly documents
- Documents for technical adjustments of existing products in production (modification to molds)
- Support for the development of customer presentations
- Generate 3D renderings to Graphical + Promotional teams
- Generate product (rendering) views for catalogs
- Provide texts explaining the novelties (technicalities)
- Secondary tasks
- Legal follow-up (patents) & certifications
- Work Synchronization with Graphic and Promotional Design
- Business travel
- Excellent oral and written English
- Excellent oral and written French
- SolidWorks software
- Microsoft Suite
- University or college diploma in Industrial Design
Salary based on experience $50,000-$60,000
If you are looking to join a dynamic, fast paced environment with a great team atmosphere, please contact us to apply.